Thursday, April 12, 2007
30 Tips For Working From Home Jobs
I have decided to share things that I do when searching for work from home jobs
1. Check company's name in Better Business Bureau
2. Check company's name in Rip Off Report
3. Check company's name in Scamdex
4. Check company's name in Fraud
5. Go to Alexa search name and see if anyone rated the company.
6. Go to Register or Go Daddy and go to whois. Put in name of company to find out who it is registered to.
7. Type in name of company followed by review in google.
8. Type in name of company followed by scam in google.
9. Type in name of company followed by complaints in google.
10. Type in name of company followed by in the news in google.
11. Go to WAHM Forum and search on company's name or ask about them.
12. Go to WorkPlaceLikeHome Forum and search on company's name or ask about them.
13. Go to Federal Trade Commission and read about the latest work at home scams.
14. Value your social security number, don't give it out to brand new companies.
15. Avoid paying for jobs.
16. Just because they don't charge, be careful who you give your personal information out to.
17. Check the contact us form on websites and look for addresses, names and phone numbers.
18. Do reverse lookups on phone numbers in google.
19. In career builder to find work, type keywords "home office", "virtual office", "freelance", "independent contractor", "telecommuter", "remote access"
20. Avoid companies that have free email extensions. Businesses should be able to afford their own domains.
21. No experience needed but claims to make thousands per month. STAY FAR AWAY.
22. If the job is local, call 411 to see if its listed or call 800-555-1212
23. Type in the name of the president or owner name in google.
24. If you are having second thoughts, go with your instinct. There are always more jobs to apply for.
25. Choose paper check over direct deposit unless company is well established.
26. Apply and inquire for work at home jobs at establish companies. Sometimes they hire but don't advertise.
27. Create a free resume from Microsoft Office
28. Practice interviewing with Monster Virtual Interviews
29. If job is posted in a forum by a new user, search their username in google to see what comes up.
30. If it sounds to good to be true, then most likely it is.
I think that is everything. If you have some tips, please share.