Pages

Custom Search
Disney's Frozen

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Things to Look For In a Daycare

More than likely if you're a mom that work outside the house, you're working because you have too. Not everyone is fortunate enough to have a husband that can cover the bills. Even though there are some moms that have a successful work at home job or have a succesful business, there are still some that still have to worry about daycare. Fortunately, I have never had to worry about that because I am fortunate enough that my mom enjoys watching my kids, but if I had to worry about daycare, I would want to know everything that is necessary to keep my kids safe and ensure that they are getting the best care that they can get.

I have asked my friends and co-workers for some of the things that they normally look for in a daycare.

1.How many children are assigned to each staff member?

2.Do they allow visits throughout the day?(I had a friend who went to see her daughter and the daycare had a problem with her coming unannounced)

3.What are there policies on disciplines and illneses?(Find out if they will inform you if other kids are sick or if they make sick kids stay home. You would want to know if your child is around other sick kids)

4. How do they screen their employees?(backround checks, etc)

5. What do they do if your kid is being bullied? Are the kids parents notified?(There's nothing worse than to have your child come home with unexplained scratches.)

6. What kind of developmental programs do they have?

7. What kind of food do they provide if any?

8. Do they provide diapers, wipes etc?

9. How long is nap time?

10. Do they have a substitute if an emergency arises?

11. What kind of time frame will you give if you are going to be closed or on vacation?

To learn more visit theDaycare Forums

These are just some of the questions that are normally asked. If you have any more you wish to add, please leave a comment.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also interview other moms that have kids that go to the daycare and ask them how long have they been going and how they like it there.

Ginene said...

Yeah that is a great tip!